Tuesday, October 9, 2012

#74- I am thankful for Feminism.

Anyone who knows me well, knows how passionate I am about feminism.  I am proud to say that I am a feminist.  Feminism is NOT a bad word and I refuse to take it as an insult.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when I hear someone say, "I hate to sound like a feminist but,..." or "I'm not a feminist but,..." IT DRIVES ME NUTS! You should be feel pride in your feminist beliefs not shame.

I am thankful for feminism because without it I would not be able to own property or vote, I'd be seen as property of my husband, weak and unable to make my own choices regarding having children. Without feminism I wouldn't be able to wear a skirt without being called a slut, I'd be forced to bear the child of a rapist, I'd be unable to leave an abusive partner and I wouldn't be able to report a supervisor for sexual harassment.

I am thankful for the feminists who fought for women's rights and continue to do so. I am thankful for feminism.


No comments:

Post a Comment