Monday, October 22, 2012

Thankful #81- Reconnecting

There are people who touch our lives and our souls who we love dearly no matter how long we may go without seeing or speaking with them.  There is a place in my heart for specific people who have made a meaningful impact on my life but for unknown reasons, I've lost touch with.  It could be physical or emotional distance, busy and hectic schedules or reasons that are unknown to both parties, but I still cherish these people deeply.

Thanks to the internet and my mild addiction to Facebook, I've been able to reconnect with many of these people. Seeing someone who I've always had very fond memories of and feelings for, after MANY years, is a wonderful feeling.  Being able to reconnect in person, even if for a short period makes me feel re-energized and motivated as well as nostalgic and loved.

I'm very thankful for the opportunity to reconnect and reunite with people who inspire me to be a better person and to seek greater things in life.

People may come and go in our lives, but their very being can leave a huge impression on us. Even if reconnecting isn't possible with every person I've lost touch with, I want to express my appreciation for the love, support and friendship I've received throughout my life.

I am thankful for reconnecting with old friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment