Monday, November 5, 2012

#82- I am thankful for being overwhelmed by love.

Lately I've been in a funk. It's as if a gray cloud has made it's home directly over my body, mind and soul. Occasionally there is angry, sad, frustrated rain that falls from this cloud. Things have felt colder, darker and well, less fulfilling. I haven't been able to find the joy and happiness that usually lives somewhere just below my rib cage.  It's been a lot harder to find things to be thankful for, hence the lack of posts.  I know this is when I need to find things to be thankful for  even more, because I need to remind myself that there is goodness, light and peace in our hectic world.

So, here I am, writing this entry.  I do apologize for the lack of thankful posts. I've needed them, but just haven't had the energy needed to try to cheer myself up. 

That is why I am so thankful for the times when I feel as if I could burst because of the love I feel in my heart. This love is often due to special people who have touched my life or special moments that I will cherish forever.  These moments usually happen suddenly and when I least expect it, but it feels almost as if a warm blanket of love is wrapped around my shoulders and there is a sense of peace in my heart. It's as if there is pressure in my chest as my heart expands with hundreds of tiny little red puffy hearts full of joy.  This is usually when my eyes fill with happy tears because this sense of love is so powerful.

I am so very thankful for the ability to love and to be loved by others. These kinds of moments are powerful and relatively rare. They remind me that there are wonderful people in my life and in the world. These people bring light and happiness to the people around them and radiate joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment