Wednesday, November 21, 2012

#86- I am thankful for bedtime stories!

#86- I am thankful for bedtime stories.
(A follow-up to the previous post)

I love reading. I love books. I love reading books to children! I love when children enjoy being read to!  

I am thankful for each and every bedtime story that I have read and all the bedtime stories that were read to me.  I remember being read to as a child and loving every moment. I loved listening and using my imagination. And I love being able to give children that opportunity as well. It's such a special bonding time between a child and an adult. Bedtime stories can be soothing and calming. Bedtime stories can inspire. Bedtime stories can enrich your life.

Every time I read a bedtime story to children I'm transported to a sweeter, more gentle time when things were simple and life wasn't quite as complicated.  It's hard to become overwhelmed with doubt and sadness but when I read bedtime stories to children, I'm able to be present and in the moment and not focus on the things that give me stress.

I look forward to every moment where I'm able to read to children and would love to be able to do it more often! 


No comments:

Post a Comment