Tuesday, November 27, 2012

#87 I am thankful for shared recipes.

This Thanksgiving, our meal was made that much better because of shared recipes. Both family and friends were a part of our meal even though they were not actually with us for dinner.

I am thankful for recipes that are passed down through families and become traditions at holidays and other special meals. These traditions help us stay close to our families even though they may live far away or are no longer with us.

Just as our lives have been shaped by our families and the people we hold close to our hearts, our meal was also shaped by our loved ones. While our Thanksgiving table only had 2 people seated at it, while preparing the meal, eating and enjoying our food, we were thankful for the people in our life.

I am thankful for my quiet Thanksgiving that was made better by people who shared their delicious recipes with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment