Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 36: I am thankful for kindness.

Kindness.

It seems so simple really. Why wouldn't we be kind to one another? But SO often people completely lack common courtesy and forget to be kind.  They seem too caught up in their own wants and needs and completely lack any consideration for those around them.  It's quite frustrating when seeing an act of kindness is rare and special. It shouldn't be. We should ALWAYS be kind to one another.

I am thankful for people who get up on the train when someone who really needs the seat is standing. I am thankful for people who will run after you if you've left your wallet behind. I am thankful for people who help those who have fallen down. I am thankful for those who do nice things for others and don't want or expect anything in return.  I am thankful for those who are simply kind.

We should all strive to be kinder in our daily lives. Witnessing an act of kindness always makes me want to be kinder.

I am thankful for sweetness, gentleness and kindness.




No comments:

Post a Comment