Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful #44: I am thankful for my nephew Nate!

8/14/2012
I am so very thankful for my nephew Nate! Nate brings so much joy into so many peoples lives.  He always puts a smile on my face even if he lives miles and miles away!

Watching him grow over the past 3 years has been enriching and educational about child development and being a parent of an energetic little boy. His happiness is contagious. His curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding the world around him is inspirational.

Even if I only see him but once a year, the moments that we have spend together are memorable.  I fondly remember a time when he was only a few months old, holding him shortly after he was baptized. The smell of the anointing oil was tickling my nose and as I was gently bouncing him in my arms to soothe him, he slowly faded off to sleep right there on my chest. I couldn't help but cry because of how tender that moment was and how meaningful it meant to me. My heart was and is full of so much love for this little boy. I will always cherish that quiet sweet moment between us.

The happiness that Nate brings to his friends and family is remarkable. I am thankful for the funny stories I hear and pictures I see from his parents and grandparents. Each story and picture help me stay connected even if I can't be with him to watch him play, laugh and grow up.

I am thankful for Nate, the youngest of my nephews.  I'm so thankful that he is in my life!

Happy (belated) 3rd Birthday Nate!  Aunt Joshanna loves you SO much!


No comments:

Post a Comment