Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thankful #49: I am thankful for lemonade stands.

I am thankful for the lemonade stands.

Lemonade stands make me think of the summer sun and sweet children.  I was lucky enough to walk by a lemonade stand this evening on my way home and I *had* to stop.  How can you not stop when a little boy is standing there with a fresh pitcher of lemonade and looking absolutely adorable?  I handed the cute child all the change I had in my wallet and he handed me a cup of refreshing lemonade.  He seemed so proud of the transaction.  He was so sweet and incredibly polite.  I just couldn't keep walking past a cute kid and his lemonade.

It's good to know that in this crazy world of ours, full of war, hatred and bigotry, that children still find joy and happiness in making and selling lemonade to their neighbors.  Even in this world full of sadness, there is still the sweetness of children and their lemonade stands.

I am thankful for lemonade stands.



No comments:

Post a Comment