Thursday, September 6, 2012

#60: I am thankful for rescued animals.

Animals need kindness and love just as much humans do. Animals don't have a voice or the ability to express their needs.  They only have humans to rely on, to trust, to care for them when they are in need.

All 3 of my cats were stray cats that needed homes. All 3 of them have brought so much joy in my life. Rescue animals are special. They seem to understand that you did something wonderful for them. You gave them a home and they are grateful, or at least, I'd like to think so. 

I recently spent time with a very sweet rescued greyhound. She was so gentle and loving. She was patient with the infant who very much wanted to touch her soft fur.  She just accepted the love that was given to her. She rested her head on my knees in hopes that I would give her a some snuggles, which of course I gave her. She is a very special animal and I could feel her sense of happiness. 

I've spent a lot of time with rescued animals, some that I've rescued and others that have been rescued by friends and families. These animals need our love, our compassion and our homes. If I could, I would rescue more animals, of all different species, of course, not in the animal hoarder way, but in the Farm Sanctuary way. I love animals and I would love to be able to give animals homes to those who need them.

I am also thankful for the kindness and generosity of people who rescue animals and put their wants and needs second to the animals who need their help. Thank you to all the people who have helped an animal in need.  Animals are so wonderful. Their mere presence in my life has helped me in so many ways. 

I am so very thankful for every rescued animal, especially Lily, Dinah and Elvis.




No comments:

Post a Comment