Tuesday, September 11, 2012

#62 I am thankful for my freedom.

I am incredibly thankful for my freedom and my rights as a an American and as a human.

I am free to believe in any religion or lack there of that I choose. No one can force me to believe and practice a religion that I do not want to believe or practice. I get to decide for myself, what religion I want to be a part of. I am free to think and say whatever I care to.

I have the freedom of speech. I can criticize the government and not get put in prison or killed for what I say. I can speak my mind or write an article based on my thoughts, feelings and believes and I will not be imprisoned for doing so.

 I have reproductive freedom and am able to make decisions for myself and my body and my family without being told what to do by anyone else. This is a right that I would die fighting for, that's how much it means to me.

I have the right to be who I am, to stand up for myself and others. I know there are other rights that are also very important and these are just a handful of rights that every single American has, but it's been a long day, and I'm just thankful for my freedom and those who continue to fight for freedom and equal rights every day.

I am thankful for my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment