Wednesday, September 19, 2012

#69 I am thankful for waves from random children.

I just love when I'm walking down the street and while passing a child he or she waves at me unprovoked.  It just seems like the sweetest gesture.

We live in a society where people don't automatically say hello or good morning or good afternoon to each other.  We are now too busy with what's going on on our cell phones, iPods, ereaders, etc and we don't want or need the human interaction as we go about our daily lives.

That's what I love so much about inquisitive, curious children.  They want to learn and know about the people around them.  That's what I find so inspiring about children. The sweet innocence of a wave or a grin or a cheerful "Hi" is what I am thankful for in this very moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment