Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 1: I am thankful for love.

Life is full of ups and downs. Life is full of joy and sadness. Sometimes it may seem difficult to appreciate the joy when there is so much sadness all around us. We live in a world full of hatred, war, death, disease, misunderstanding and anger. But we also live in a world full of love, laughter, beauty, kindness and joy.
 

Thornton Wilder once said, "We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." I want to be conscious of these treasures. 

Today, I am thankful for love.

Not just the romantic kind of love which I am also grateful for, but for the kind of love I feel from friends and loved ones. Even people I don't see often I appreciate and am so very thankful for their love. 


Today is my birthday. I woke up slightly later than usual, thanks to a day off of work, and I woke up to 30 birthday messages on Facebook (and each moment more and more messages are popping up).  Yes, I know, Facebook isn't necessarily the most personal way to communicate with someone, but when you have friends and family all over the world, it is a great way to communicate with them.


I am thankful for the love I feel from people.  I am thankful for the love I have for others.

Today I challenge everyone to appreciate the love you feel from your family and friends. You are loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment