Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 26: I am thankful for the Olympics Opening Ceremonies.

After watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, I can't help but be full of emotion.  People from so many different countries and cultures, coming together peacefully. It's truly inspiring to see people from war-torn countries come together to compete in an event. 

There's a sense of hope in the air, not necessarily about winning, but about peace.  If people from all over the world can come together (yes, that song is stuck in my head) to participate in a sporting event, maybe we can find a common ground and finally agree to be peaceful.

I have to admit, I wasn't all that excited about this Olympic games, but after watching the second half of the opening ceremony, I couldn't help but be moved to tears.  Watching the copper petals rise up and come together, directly symbolizes the coming together of nations. I LOVE the fact that there is a petal for each nation participating in the games.  Every single athlete, sponsor, coach, volunteer, they are all a part of an entire world of people coming together to be at peace. 

I am hopeful for our future, as a planet, as a global community as a single human race.

Thank you Opening Ceremonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment