Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 5: I am thankful for Chicago moments

I am thankful for perfect Chicago moments.

Say for example, watching a great Chicago movie while sitting in a Chicago landmark.

Let me be more specific:

Watching The Blues Brothers while sitting on the grass of the outfield of Wrigley Field.

I am thankful that I was able to walk barefoot on Wrigley Field, run my fingers through the ivy and watch The Blues Brothers with a wonderful companion in our amazing city.

I cherish that moment. I will remember how the grass felt under my feet and as I ran my fingers through it. I will remember the feeling of Chicago pride. I will remember the feeling of excitement shared between everyone there. I will remember how after sitting in the heat for what felt like forever, the slight breeze that blew right before the movie started and felt absolutely delightful. It was the perfect Chicago moment.

Thank you Chicago. Sweet Home Chicago.


No comments:

Post a Comment