Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 2: I am thankful for this brutally hot day.

"Are you crazy?" you might ask.  Yes, the heat very well may have made me sweat out the last bit of sanity I had left.

Yes, I am thankful for this brutally hot day. As I sit here, disgustingly sweaty and imagining how amazing a freezing cold shower will feel, I am indeed thankful. Without days like today or the freezing, bitter cold days of winter, I may not be able to appreciate the absolutely glorious spring or fall days.  The kind of days when the weather is just warm enough that you don't have to wear a coat and just cold enough that you still might need a light sweater or hoodie.  Days where you can take a leisurely stroll and not have to duck into the closest air-conditioned place you can find for refuge from the heat. Days where you don't have to bundle up and hold yourself tightly so that you don't freeze.

This excruciatingly hot day makes me appreciate those gorgeous days even more. So I am thankful, thankful for this day.

(And ice, I'm also thankful for ice.)

2 comments: