Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 15: I am thankful for fiction.


I am so thankful to be able to get lost in a fictional world, whether in books, tv, movies,....in anything.

I love being able to immerse myself in this other world, even if it's a little bit scary, and just lose myself for a little bit.  These escapes from everyday life are refreshing.  I don't want to live in a world where imagination and make-believe doesn't exist.

Being able to escape into a world of wizards, fairies, vampire-slayers, super heroes, gives me the energy to be able to deal with a world where there is so much pain, sorrow and war.

Getting lost in book or movie or a play is as close to magic as I'll ever really get. And that's ok.

Maybe if Buffy, Harry and Katniss can defeat their demons, maybe I can defeat mine too.  


1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for you,,, and people like you are so positive always!

    ReplyDelete