Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 25: I am thankful for acceptance.

Being accepted for who you are, faults and all, is what I'm thankful for today.

Feeling accepted validates our very existence.  Being accepted despite our imperfections, knowing that someone loves and cares for us at our best and our worst, is soul-soothing.

Even though it's tough, I will strive to accept people for who they are, not who I want them to be.  Our own expectations can hinder truly accepting people for who they truly are.  It's difficult not to impose our own beliefs onto others, but we don't all have the same thought process and understanding of the world.  Acceptance and tolerance while different, go hand in hand.  

I think that tolerance and acceptance can lead to understanding and peace. 

Tolerance, peace, understanding,....Love. 

I am thankful for acceptance.






No comments:

Post a Comment