Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 6: I am thankful for breath.

Today I am thankful for breath.

The simple act of inhaling and exhaling is what I am thankful for today.  Perhaps it is my love for yoga, but focusing on my breath can be incredibly calming.  When I'm stressed or anxious about something, if given the moment, sitting calmly, with my eyes closed, focused on the simple inhalation and exhalation of my breath can center me and sooth me.

The simple intake of breathe through my nose, filling my lungs and body with oxygen and then the release of that same breath, emptying my lungs and coming back out of my nose,....that is pure peace.

I am thankful for the ability to breathe, the ability to focus on my breath rather than my stress, even for just a few moments, is what I am thankful for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment